HOW TO APPLY FOR AN SRSF GRANT
In the past, the Seattle Rotary Service Foundation (SRSF) has funded one Major Grant of up to $100,000 and dozens of service committee grants totaling as much as $175,000. In the 2016-17 Rotary Year, SRSF has replaced the major grant with a category of “Innovative Grants” open to the service committees of Seattle Rotary. This is a pilot program. Regular service committee grant proposals will be solicited, reviewed and awarded as in past years.
SRSF intends to award at least three grants to innovative service project proposals from service committees. No more than one proposal from each service committee will be accepted and the proposals may not be for projects that SRSF has funded during the prior two years. The grants will be for no less than $5,000 and no more than $30,000. Grant proposals should be submitted on the SRSF “Regular or Innovative Service Project Proposal” form and will be evaluated using a standardized proposal evaluation process.
SRSF Proposal Submission Deadline: March 15, 2017 - NOW CLOSED
Grant Award Notification: April 3, 2017 - NOW CLOSED
Service Committee Grants
There are eight service committees in Seattle Rotary and each of them submit one or more grant proposals for SRSF funding each year. Potential grant applicants need to know the following:
- Every service committee grant proposal must have a Seattle Rotarian as its primary advocate. That advocate cannot be a staff member of the proposing organization.
- A proposal must be approved by the service committee through which it is being put forward and submitted on the standard SRSF proposal form.
- Service committee proposals for the 2016/17 Rotary year must be submitted to SRSF at email@example.com with a cc to Carma McKay (firstname.lastname@example.org) by April 26, 2017. Each service committee must submit its grant proposals ranked in priority order.
- Service committee proposals will be evaluated by the SRSF Board and approved for funding by May 31, 2017. Service committee chairs will be notified during the first week in June of the grants awarded. It is the responsibility of each service committee chair/co-chair to notify the successful grantees and their advocates.
- Funding for the grants awarded will be available after July 1, 2017. Requests for the release of funds must be made by the project advocate to his/her sponsoring service committee chair/co-chair for transmittal to the SRSF president and Grant Committee chair along with the necessary disbursement information (payee, memo line info, amount, address). The “Service Committee Payment Request” form should be used to request payment.
- Final or progress reports for the current year’s service committee grants must be submitted no later than the annual deadline in April of each year (April 19th in 2017) using the SRSF Project Report form.