HOW TO APPLY FOR AN SRSF Service Committee GRANT
There are eight service committees in Seattle #4 Rotary who are eligible to submit proposals for SRSF funding each year. Potential grant applicants need to know the following:
- Every service committee grant proposal must have a Seattle #4 Rotarian as its primary advocate. That advocate cannot be a staff member of the organization being funded by the proposed grant.
- The proposal must be approved by the sponsoring service committee, signed by the current chair and submitted to SRSF on the standard SRSF proposal form.
- Service committee proposals for this year must be submitted to Foundation@seattlerotary.org with a copy sent to the SRSF Grants Chair, Burr Stewart (Burr.Stewart@gmail.com) by April 20, 2018. Each service committee must submit a cover sheet indicating their priority order for all proposals submitted that year.
- Service committee proposals will be evaluated by the SRSF Board and approved for funding by May 31, 2018. Service committee chairs will be notified during the first week in June of the grants awarded. Each service committee chair/co-chair is responsible for notifying all applicants and their advocates of the outcome of their grant request.
- Funding for the grants awarded will be available after July 1, 2018. Requests for the release of funds must be made by the project advocate to his/her sponsoring service committee chair/co-chair along with the necessary disbursement information (payee, memo line info, amount, address). The Service Committee Chair must fill out the “Service Committee Payment Request” form and send it to Foundation@SeattleRotary.org, the 2018-19 SRSF Grants Committee Chair Lauren Domino (email@example.com) and the 2018-19 SRSF President Jeff Borek (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The service committee is responsible for submitting final or progress reports to the SRSF Grants chair by April 30th. The report should include a photo and a brief summary (100 words or less) that can be used in the SRSF Annual Report. Future requests for payment will be held until all reports are received. (Download Grant Report Form Here)